Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Say Hey, It's a Good Day"

The lyrics of that song have been playing through my head this evening. And it is so true. The song is called It's a Good Day by FFH and it talks about it being a great day no matter what happens. I think that is kind of the motto of this blog, wouldn't you say? Today definitely fit into the category of a GREAT day.

Yet again, the sun was my amazing alarm clock. This time it was a little later than it has been, I will blame that on the reading of children's books last night. :) However, this morning I was rip-raring and ready to go. I jumped right into my homework and finished what I needed to for the day in record time. After finishing up a scrumptious lunch from last nights VIOLA! leftovers, my phone began to ring. It just so happened to be my sister-in-law.

After a couple of attempts at getting reception in the good 'ol thumb country of Michigan, she asked a great question. Are you home? Of course, I am home. Where else would I be on Spring Break? I mean who would go to someplace warm for spring break... well.... ok, but I WAS home. :) Brent and Alicia were making their way back from visiting her g-ma and were going to stop and see Kyle and I. And what a great visit it was. Now, I'll admit the house was a little messy, but it didn't matter. We went on a gorgeous walk in which we were actually sweating while wearing simply sweatshirts. After Popsicles on the front porch and some Mario Kart we headed out for dinner at Harvey's. It you have never heard of Harvey's you must visit the website now, find the closest one to you and GO!

As we pulled into the parking lot Momma T called and invited us to dinner with her and Grandpa. We declined because of our other dinner guests. However, as we were parking a bright red truck pulled in next to us and out jumped, none other than Momma T and Gramps. Table for 6, please!

Dinner was finished off with Deep Fried Twinkies (two twinkies deep fried in waffle batter drizzled with raspberry and chocolate sauce and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream) and a Dessert Waffle (A warm, freshly made waffle topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and caramel).. Have I convinced you to go yet? Sooo good.

This was definitely a great day. We had a great time at dinner laughing with Grandpa and the server trying to communicate with him. (You see G-pa has some trouble with his hearing aids.:))

Definitely a blessing filled day. Many little moments made this one absolutely amazing.

"Say Hey! It's a Good Day! Even if things aren't going my way.
Jesus is Lord and I am save, so, say hey, It's a good Day! "

1 comment:

  1. I am glad we stopped by! It was a lot of fun :) See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete