Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blogs from Last Night

Top of the morning to ya! (Sorry, I simply had to)

The title from today's post is a play on words from the very entertaining website www.textsfromlastnight.com I do not condone this website, nor do I reccommend each of you should visit it, however, some of the comments are quite hilarious. Check it out if you wish, but keep in mind my disclaimer (cough, mom, cough :)) The title of this website simply inspired this post because of my lack of blogging last night. Instead I decided to curl up on the couch with Kyle and "watch" a movie..... I attempted that for about 30 minutes then I was off to dream land. Which was A-ok with me. I am fighting my second cold in the last 2 weeks. UGH!!

However, yesterday was filled with blog worthy events that I missed out on.

It all started around 5:43 am. To many this would not be a blessing, however, my alarm was set to go off at 5:45 am. Waking up two minutes early wide awake, spared me the annoying alarm sound and enticed me to get out of bed and start a new day.

Fast forward about an hour later as I am driving to my field work placemat and I lay my eyes on the most beautiful sunrise ever. It was bursting with orange, red, yellow AND purple and blue! It was simply breathtaking.

Fast forward yet another hour or so as I finish teaching my reading lesson to the three year olds that I was placed with. Whew! Another success. (maybe, just maybe this teaching thing is what I am meant to do) The best part was when we were out at the playground with the little chipmunks almost 2 hours later and I mentioned the word "middle." One wide-eyed little toehead looked up at me and simply said, "In the middle, just like our trains, Miss. Jill." Right at the moment I felt like all this schooling was worth it and this passion that I have followed since First Grade might really be what I am supposed to do. (The lesson that we talked about was the beggining, middle and end of a story.We used trains that I cut out on my Cricut. In each part of the train they glued a picture from the beginning of the story, the middle and the end) Along the same lines.... later as the students were getting ready to go home a brown haired little girl pulled out her train and was explaining the whole lesson to her mom. WOW! They actually got it, they grasped it, they remembered it... these are the moments that teachers live for. You are a teacher you would understand.

It was an absolutely beautiful day out and there were many moments that I thanked God for. The rest of the week brings lots of homework my way, but I feel like I can tackle anything after an uplifting day like yesterday.

Happy St. Patty's Day!!! Are you feelin Irish today?

2 comments: