Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rolling, Grilling, Sunshine and Muncher

A good friend was asking me about my blog today and asked if I posted everyday, well so far I've had a good run of 3 out of 3. :) We will see how long that lasts, I mean it is Spring Break, you know. :)

Today was such a beautiful day, there was definitely many things to be be thankful for, but I will focus on a few. After sleeping in this morning, hubby and I decided to go on a quick bike ride to his grandpa's. He lives about 10 blocks away and we simply wanted to get out and enjoy the fresh air. After a quick examination of the condition of the bikes from over the winter, we noticed my tires were flat. Darn it! Without an air compressor we made the horrible decision to pop on our roller blades and make the trek that way. This would normally be lots of fun, in any normal city where sidewalks are used often. Well, apparently that is not our city and apparently our city is not handicap friendly. The cement slabs at curbs that made it easier for wheel chairs are simply non-existent. The trip took longer than expected, but it was something that turned into a blessing and something to be thankful for. My hubby and I spent much of the time laughing at each other and soaking up the sun. It was a beautiful day.

The end of the day was filled with dinner with a great friend. This certain friend transferred schools and isn't around as much as he used to be. Spring Break not only means no classes, but also catching up with friends. For dinner we pulled out the grill, a little squeaky and forgotten since the fall. Mmmhmmmm.. the smell of burgers grilling cannot be beat. This made me say a little prayer of thankfulness for the beautiful weather that we have been having. Even if it is short lived- those burgers were awesome.

The last of my post today finishes out the explanation of my title for this post. That's right, Muncher. Muncher? As I was sitting down to type this post, I watched as my hubby and friend, Jonathan, started to play Mario Kart on the Wii. They decided to connect to the internet and play with others from around the world. One of the people they were playing against was named Muncher. This started a 10 minute conversation about the dog down the road and the name that it was given. After many names being thrown around... Biter, Killer, Muncher, Chomper, Scraper, basically anything ending in -er... they finally came to the conclusion of Chomper. Poor Dog. However, this conversation tickled my funny and brought a great fit of giggler to our living room which made me smile. Thanks for the laugh.

Good night blogosphere friends it is time for more family fun. We are headed back to G-pas, this time by car to take part in some yummy key lime pie. Well, I think yummy, I've never had it before. I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment