Saturday, March 20, 2010

Craft Shows, Little Children and Roasted Almonds

Yes, it is snowing again! This I am okay with. I knew this Spring weather was way to good to be true and that there would be one more snowfall before we were through with it. I was simply waiting for it to hit. Despite the cold, white stuff today has been a good day and has incredible potential to be an even better day.

There was a craft show at SVSU today and Tami and I attended. Two women on a mission, with two kiddos in tow. I am not really sure why, but craft shows are totally my thing. It might be because of the talent that I see there and the inspiration it gives me to create my own creations with the ideas that are in my head. If I had all the time in the world and a little extra money, I definitely think I would be a crafty person. As soon as we walked into the doors I could smell the famous roasted almonds, that seem to find their way to any fair, craft show, or town event around. I am not a huge fan of the taste, but mmmhmmm do they ever smell yummy. :)

This visit was a definite success and left me with $40 or so dollars less than what I went in with. Some of my purchases included Easter decorations, two presents for a certain bride and a few other gifts. I am very satisfied with all my purchases.

The moment of the day happened a couple of times today. You see, Tami and I were taking turns carrying Kylie through the crowds of people. She is definitely a walker, but she would get lost in the midst of the "big people" While carrying her around as I weaved in and out of the crowd I couldn't help, but over hear some conversations about how cute she is. This is completely true, however the other comments were not very true and were ones that I don't plan on hearing for a while....."Mommy's little helper today" "She's cute, mommy." "I think she wants to run, mom." What's the word that is common in all of these comments? DING! DING DING! MOM One day I will look forward to hearing this word, but NO! I am not ready for that, yet. However, this moment did make me smile and then start dreaming. Dreaming about the future. I look forward to the day that Kyle and I have a child of our own and we become a little family of three. However, for now I am 100% content with where I am and simply enjoy hanging out with my super cute nephew, little cousins, god-daughter or Kyle's god-son. Our day will come soon enough. For now I will squeeze these cuties. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment