Sunday, April 11, 2010

Steak and Sewage

Another weekend has come and gone, this particular one helped me reach the 11 class day marker for this semester. I guess I can't complain. Today was definitely a lazy Sunday and it was a great one at that.

Kyle and I rolled out of bed early this morning because we both had volunteer commitments at church. It is never fun to watch the clock turn 2:00 am and have an alarm go off at 7:00 am. Oh well, it was well worth it, we had a great time with friends last night for Kyle's non-party/ ruined surprise party.

After attending church, we came back home only to get back into pj's and crawl back into our still-almost-warm bed. Have I mentioned how much I love our bed. It was a wedding present from Kyle's parents and it is the most comfortable thing I have ever rested my tired little head upon. This little escape lasted almost three hours and it was perfect. I had great intentions of getting right up after my nap and working on some procrastinated homework- well, folks... no homework is done and when I am finished here, I am retreating back to the comfy escape.

The rest of the day was spent simply chillaxing... that is until the gurgling in our shower started and the toilets would not flush. If you have ever been in a bathroom after a man has had nacho cheese dip in abundance the night before and the toilets are not able to flush you will begin sympathizing with me right about.... NOW!

After some investigated my amazing-handy-man husband discovered it was time to call a plumber. To which I did not argue. It was not a few seconds later when my cute hubby was on the phone to the closest plumber around and they assured us they would arrive within the next 2 hours. Kyle and I headed to the basement to move some things away from drains to prep for the handy man plunger himself... mind you I am in pj bottoms and a tank top without a bra when I man in coveralls shows up at my back door ready to take care of our little issue. :) I don't think I ever ran so fast in my life. I dashed right up the stairs and promptly hid.

After a few minutes of loud noises echoing up the stairs from the basement I began to smell it... and smell it did. The pungent scent of fresh sewage climbed the staircase and began filling my living room like a cloud of nasty smelling smoke. It didn't take long before the handy plumber man was getting back in his handy man plumber van with a freshly signed check and a 90 day guarantee. Come to find out the culprit was a HUMONGOUS root that was protruded through our sewer pipes. Apparently it can come back after 90 days... great.

But the crisis is averted. My shower does not gurgle and the waste can be flushed away.

The living room cloud was quickly replaced with the smell of steaks cooking on the grill. I simply have the best hubby ever.... saving a sewer system and cooking some steaks all in one day.

What a day! I am very thankful our problem was simply a root.

No comments:

Post a Comment