Thursday, April 15, 2010

Birthday Hoopla

These past two weeks have been jammed packed with birthdays and celebrations. Starting with my A-M-A-Z-I-N-G husband that recently reached 25 (or a quarter of a century) whichever you like best. :) If you haven't heard the "surprise" party was RUINED, but it was still a great time and my second attempt at an ice cream cake. (Which was yet again, scrumptious.) The night ended with a little more dreaming with some fun couples about a possibly vacay in December. (If the price is right, of course)

Today is my cute little nephews 1st birthday. I cannot believe he is one already. It seems like just yesterday we were taking picture with the few-minutes-old Alex with my brace face and all. My how a year changes things and how quickly it flies by. His cuteness is now crawling everywhere and pulling himself up to everything. To check out his one year pictures go here and use your own email to sign in with the password avw. So cute!!! For a sneak peek (in case you are lazy and don't want to check them out yourself look below. )


His b-day party will be held on Sunday at Dave and Buster's. So fun!!

You may be asking yourself why I said the past weeks have been FILLED with celebrations when there was only two. Well, there was one more.

Sadly, this one passed as if no one knew. The day went on as normal and even I forgot until my head was hitting the pillow that night. For this celebration there was no balloons, no cake, no ice cream, no party hats, no noise makes, and no presents. No, this birthday did not have a party, did not have invitations and simply continued on like no one even noticed it. However, my friends this birthday was one of the best birthdays a person could ever have. This birthday was one that changed a life of one person and in turn this person touched so many other lives because of it. This birthday gave someone a purpose, a plan, a direction and guidance.

My friends, this birthday was my spiritual birthday. April 13, 1998 was the day that I accepted Christ as my personal Savior and the day the story of my life and its ending changed drastically. (And it is my Uncle Jay's birthday :) ) It's funny how much emphasis we place on our birthdays with present and cake and parties. But if we really stop and think, why don't we do it for our spiritual birthdays too. I think it deserves more hoopla, if you ask me.

One day when I have children of my own and they have their own spiritual birthdays.... we will have cake and ice cream and they will get a present. I want them to know how special that day really is and I want them to cherish and thank God for it. On that day "Happy Birthday" will not be a song, but instead a prayer of thanks.

Any other ideas out there for spiritual birthday celebrations?







1 comment: