Friday, April 9, 2010

Cake and Ice Cream, Presents and Cards



Yesterday was my amazing husband's birthday. I like to remind him that he is a quarter of a century old, although he doesn't enjoy that very much. :) Unfortunately, I had class in the morning, so I kissed him good bye and left him in bed to sleep in and scurried off to methods of teaching reading.

Luckily, we got of class a little early and Jaime and I were able to make our secret run to a golf course down the road to purchase the new golf bag that he wanted. I had called ahead to make sure that it was still there and when I described it to the sales clerk he assured me that the BLACK, WHITE AND ORANGE one was still there. I was so excited and was quickly on my way to purchase it. When I walked in the door there was a golf bag waiting by the cash register and motioned to me that this was the one. Remember the colors from before: BLACK, WHITE and ORANGE.....well, this one was RED.....RED.....more RED and white and orange. I told him that I didn't think it was the right one and he assured me that the other one didn't have any orange on it and this had to be the one. I quickly asked about their return policy and was assured I could return it if it was not the right one. I did not want to show up empty handed, so I purchased it knowing full well I would be returning it in a few short days.

Lunch was at Chuck E. Cheese where we met Tami, Connor and Kylie for some birthday fun with Uncle Kyle. 50 tokens, 162 tickets and a nerf rocket, plastic ladybug, little snake and big snake later the fun was over and we headed our separate ways. Oh, how I love the decision making process that little ones go through. It was definitely a fun time.
Our little bus driver and passenger
Kylie found her own use for the skee ball game
A high five after their team work
Watch out Kylie is a crazy driver, look at that tongue
Cheap entertainment: She pushed these around for a while. :)

After lunch I had Kyle jump in the car with me and I took him to Dick's Sporting Goods where he was told to pick a bag out. He didn't find one at that moment, but after visiting yet another golf store, he decided that there was one at Dick's that was the one. :) Of course.

Our evening was coming to an end, but not until we made a trip to Genji's Japanese Steakhouse for a half off dinner for the birthday boy. If you have never had the privilege of dining at Genji's or a restaurant that is similar, it is a must. It is dinner and a show all in one. The food is prepare right before your eyes on the hibachi grill. (or as Wikipedia told me recently: teppanyaki cooking. Check out this link for more information. It is so good. Mama T, Papa T, Mama B and Papa B all met us for this awesome meal and then we made our way to G-pa N's for ice cream cake. That's right, homemade ice cream cake, prepared by yours truly. (I had a good teacher) Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the finished product, but here is one of a slice.


After the festivities, Kyle and I headed home for a movie night. It was definitely a great day and I am pretty sure my hubby had a smashin' day!

No comments:

Post a Comment