Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nervous Nancy

From the time that I was little I have always had a nervousness about me. I'm not really sure why, but even making a simple phone call brings little beads of sweat to my forehead and makes the heart race just a little faster. No matter how much of a pep talk I give myself the outcome usually doesn't change.

I often find that this nervousness has negative effects on my brainwaves and causes me to have a humongous brain fart. This was definitely the case yesterday at my new job.

***Pardon the interruption***
I have recently started my job at Gem's by Em. This is a very cute store that sells Chamilia, Staxx, jewelry, Littlearth, purses and other accessories. I finished up my last day of training yesterday.

***************************

Yesterday as I was completing my end of day routines the training manager decided to tell me that she was there a half an hour after closing because the girl that trained yesterday was not able to count down the drawer and take out everything above a certain point that we keep the drawer at. As soon as she told me this guess what happened to me?? You guessed it. The heart began to race, beads of sweat started to form on my forehead and the brain seemed to go dead. It took me almost an entire half an hour after closing to figure it out and after I couldn't for a while she tried a couple of times. Finally we figured it out.

I really don't understand this nervousness, but it can go away at anytime.

On a side note: I work my first day today all by myself. Wish me luck and wish away the Nervous Nancy side of me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment